Bachelor of Arts
Develop the writing, public speaking and technological skills you need for a successful career in public relations. The online Bachelor of Arts in Communication with Public Relations concentration from Concordia University Texas provides you with a strong foundation in public relations, and it all takes place in a convenient and accessible learning environment.
Shaping public perception is critical in all business environments, regardless of industry. And with digital innovations changing the way we communicate, it’s more important than ever that professionals understand not just how to use new technology, but how to thrive with it. Future public relations leaders must have a firm grasp of social media and modern public relations principles.
The B.A. in Communication with Public Relations concentration focuses on the technology and the communication skills needed to drive messaging, build stories and support brands. This program prepares you for a successful career in the growing public relations industry.
Benefits of the program include:
- Focused curriculum: The in-depth course of study includes coverage of persuasive communication, communication theory, integrated marketing communication, organizational communication and more.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, we have provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. And you can earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
- Next Start Date: Rolling Enrollment
- Credit Hours: 128
- Course Length: 8 Weeks
Public relations professionals work in several different industries, including for-profit companies, agencies, nonprofit organizations and government agencies.
Possible career outcomes include:
- Advertising Sales Agent - Median salary: $47,890
- Market Research Analyst - Median salary: $61,290
- Public Relations Manager - Median salary: $101,510
- Public Relations Specialist - Median salary: $55,680
- Writer - Median salary: $58,850
A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA on all college-level coursework, or a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA if fewer than 12 transferable college credit hours, is required. Students who do not meet the requirements will be evaluated by the admissions committee and may still be eligible for provisional admission to the program.
Click here to begin your application. If you need help, our supportive staff is here. Email us at email@example.com or call 844-CTX-CTX1 (844-289-2891) for assistance or to learn more about the program.Request More Information
To earn your B.A. in Communication with Public Relations concentration, 128 credit hours are required, and classes are offered all year. Up to 83 transfer credits are accepted, so you can finish your degree even faster.
In addition to the general education core requirements, students must successfully complete the following for the major and College of Liberal Arts:
Foreign Language I
Foreign Language II
Global/Cultural course: HIS 2321
COM 2100 Communication Practicum I
COM 2301 Human Communication Theory
COM 2303 Mass Media History and Theory
COM 2308 Writing for the Media and Public Relations
COM 2317 Cinema and Religion
COM 3304 Group Dynamics
COM 3335 Intercultural Communication Experience
COM 4100 Communication Practicum II
COM 4310 Communication Internship
Plus these additional courses:
BUS 3313 Creativity, Critical Thinking, and Change
HRM 3350 Conflict Negotation
MDS 4201 Multidisciplinary Capstone Course
COM 3308 Persuasive Communication
COM 3310 Public Relations
COM 3331 Organizational Communication
COM 4301 Digital Journalism and New Media Communication
BADM 3350 Principles of Marketing
BUS 3351 Selling and Sales Management
A sufficient number of credit hours to bring the total number of hours to 128, of which 39
must be upper-level.