Bachelor of Arts
Discover the business side of healthcare with the online Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Administration from Concordia University Texas. Our program teaches you how to navigate the complex world of healthcare administration in a convenient, accessible learning environment that connects you with your professor and peers.
Healthcare is the largest industry in the United States. But in addition to the professionals that provide direct care to patients, expertise is required to understand the management of healthcare. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has changed how the industry operates, and professionals are needed in healthcare administration who understand topics such as compliance with ACA.
The B.A. in Healthcare Administration program includes courses specifically developed in response to the ACA. The program fosters strong critical thinking skills and gives you the tools and knowledge you need to be an inventive, sharp and ethical leader.
Benefits of the program include:
- Focused curriculum: The in-depth course of study includes coverage of information technology, healthcare economics, accounting and finance, the law of health services and healthcare ethics.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, we have provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. And you can earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
- Next Start Date: 01/04/2016
- Credit Hours: 128
- Course Length: 8 Weeks
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the healthcare administration field will grow 23 percent by 2022, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. As one of the fastest growing fields in healthcare, graduates can explore several career opportunities. Positions in clinics, small offices and large hospitals are all within reach.
Possible career outcomes include:
- Medical Practice Manager - Median salary: $55,321
- Healthcare Administrator - Median salary: $65,434
- Practice Administrator - Median salary: $69,778
- Nursing Home Administrator - Median salary: $80,351
- Hospital Administrator - Median salary: $96,955
A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA on all college-level coursework, or a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA if fewer than 12 transferable college credit hours, is required. Students who do not meet the requirements will be evaluated by the admissions committee and may still be eligible for provisional admission to the program.
Click here to begin your application. If you need help, our supportive staff is here. Email us at email@example.com or call 844-CTX-CTX1 (844-289-2891) for assistance or to learn more about the program.Request More Information
To earn your B.A. in Healthcare Administration, 128 credit hours are required, and classes are offered all year. Up to 83 transfer credits are accepted, so you can finish your degree even faster.
In addition to the General Education Core Requirements, students must successfully complete the following for the major:
COM 3331 Organizational Communications
ECO 2301C Intro to Macroeconomics
ECO 2302 Intro to Microeconomics
HCA 3300 Healthcare Organization and Delivery
HCA 3311 Consumer Issues in Healthcare
HRM 3345 Fundamentals of Human Resources Management
MTH 1351 College Algebra
MTH 2301C Introduction to Statistics
REL 3333 Introduction to Christian Ethics
HCA 3300C Healthcare Organization and Delivery
HCA 3312C Management Essentials of Healthcare Org
HCA 3315 Quality Management in Healthcare
HCA 3330 Information Tech in Healthcare
HCA 3341C Essentials of Healthcare Ethics
HCA 3345 Marketing Management in Healthcare
HCA 3360 Principles of Healthcare Finance
HCA 4340C Legal Aspects of Healthcare Admin
HCA 4360 Healthcare Finance Issues
HCA 4365 Managing the Healthcare Org
HCA 4370 Healthcare Economics
HCA 4380 Management of Medical Practices
HCA 4410 Healthcare Admin Practicum*
*Capstone Project – students will be required to complete an on-ground practicum at an approved site. HCA 4410 is a 16-week course.