Bachelor of Arts
Human Resource Management
Develop your expertise in personnel management with the online Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management from Concordia University Texas. Learn how to effectively hire and manage in today’s rapidly changing workforce, including developing skills in communication, leadership and more. Our program, which is designed for busy working professionals, is fully online, so you can learn in a flexible, convenient environment designed to help you succeed.
Human resources is critical to the success of every company, from small mom and pops to multinational corporations. Professionals in these roles must foster a helpful and inviting work environment for all employees, as well as understand and enforce compliance and workplace legislation.
The B.A. in Human Resource Management program prepares you for a career in this vital line of business. Through a collaborative environment, students explore a wide range of concepts critical to success in the field, including economics, training and development, organizational management, conflict negotiation and more. Classes are taught by professors with industry experience, and the focus is on practical, relevant information that can immediately be applied in any HR role.
Benefits of the program include:
- Focused curriculum: The in-depth course of study includes coverage of legal concepts, training, conflict negotiation and strategic management.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, we have provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. And you can earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
- Next Start Date: 01/04/2016
- Credit Hours: 128
- Course Length: 8 Weeks
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that human resources specialist roles will grow 28 percent by 2022 – significantly faster than average for all occupations. Because human resources is so critical to business, career opportunities exist in almost all industries and settings.
Possible career outcomes include:
- Human Resources Specialist - Median salary: $55,640
- Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialist - Median salary: $59,090
- Administrative Services Manager - Median salary: $81,080
- Training and Development Manager - Median salary: $95,400
- Human Resources Manager - Median salary: $99,720
A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA on all college-level coursework, or a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA if fewer than 12 transferable college credit hours, is required. Students who do not meet the requirements will be evaluated by the admissions committee and may still be eligible for provisional admission to the program.
Click here to begin your application. If you need help, our supportive staff is here. Email us at email@example.com or call 844-CTX-CTX1 (844-289-2891) for assistance or to learn more about the program.Request More Information
To earn your B.A. in Human Resource Management, 128 credit hours are required, and classes are offered all year. Up to 83 transfer credits are accepted, so you can finish your degree even faster.
In addition to the General Education Core Requirements, students must successfully complete the following for the major:
MTH 1351 College Algebra
MTH 2301 Introduction to Statistics
CIS 2304 Spreadsheet Software
COM 3331 Organizational Communication
BADM 4381 Spirituality in the Workplace
BUS 3310 Leadership and Business
BUS 3314 Finance for Non-Financial Managers
BUS 3380 Production and Operations Management
ECO 2301 Introduction to Macroeconomics
ECO 2302 Introduction to Microeconomics
HRM 3305 Legal Concepts and Environment in HR
HRM 3315 Training and Development
HRM 3320 Compensation and Benefits
HRM 3325 Labor Relations
HRM 3330 Organizational Staffing and Selection
HRM 3345 Fundamentals of HR Management
HRM 3350 Conflict Negotiation
HRM 3355 Internal HR Management