Master of Arts
Advance your career as a leader in the sports industry with the online Master of Arts in Sports Administration from Concordia University Texas. Our program is an ideal option for those looking to advance or begin their careers in the management of sports, including local recreational leagues, high school or college sports. Because the program is fully online, it’s ideal for students who are already working, allowing them to learn on their schedule while still enjoying collaboration with professors and peers.
Sports administration offers a number of opportunities, from facility management to managing the finances of a sports organization. Sports administrators must have a thorough understanding of fundamental business principles, while still embracing what makes their field unique. At Concordia, students understand what it takes to be a successful sports administrator and how to succeed in this highly competitive field.
The Master of Arts in Sports Administration will help you develop the skills needed to succeed in the career you want. Courses focus on real-world application, so you can develop strategies to help you succeed in the workplace. With our degree you will gain real experience usable on a daily basis in your new roles, from professors with extensive industry experience.
Benefits of the program include:
- Focused curriculum: All of our program’s courses offer in-depth instruction into key skills and knowledge needed to break into the sports administration field. Topics include facility management, event planning, marketing and sports law.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, Concordia has provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. And you can earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
- Next Start Date: Rolling Enrollment
- Credit Hours: 30
- Course Length: 8 Weeks
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, career opportunities for those entering the field of sports administration are promising. The BLS estimates the field will grow 15 percent by 2022. This figure is higher than the national average.
Possible career outcomes include:
- Athletic Director - Median salary: $56,098
- Athlete Manager - Median salary: $97,220
- Facility Services Manager - Median salary: $83,427
- Promotions and Marketing Manager - Median salary: $115,750
- Ticket Sales Manager - Median salary: $105,260
- A completed online graduate admission application.
- A minimum GPA of 2.50 (on a 4.0 scale); if your GPA falls below that you will be asked to submit an essay to be reviewed.
- Official transcripts from the college or university where you earned your bachelor’s degree and/or attempted graduate coursework.
For more admissions information, please visit our admissions page or contact our admissions office today. Our supportive staff is here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 844-CTX-CTX1 (844-289-2891) to learn more about the M.A. in Sports Administration, or, click here to begin your application.Request More Information
MED 5308 Ethics and Leadership in Sports Administration
MED 5310 Organizational Behavior in Sports
MED 5311 Law in Sports Administration
SPAD 5301 Critical Issues/Events in Sports
SPAD 5302 Human Resources
SPAD 5303 Finance
SPAD 5304 Facilities and Event Planning
SPAD 5305 Media and Marketing
MED 5325 Introduction to Research and Practicum Proposal
SPAD 5340 Sports Administration Practicum