Master of Education
Discover how you can address the needs of students who are exceptional through the online Master of Education in Special Education from Concordia University Texas. Our program is an ideal option for working teachers interested in beginning a new chapter in their career while balancing work and family responsibilities. With the convenience and accessibility of Concordia’s online classroom, students and professors collaborate in a vigorous learning environment that draws on real-life examples while developing critical skills.
The Department of Education estimates about 13 percent of all public school students receive some form of special education services. Some of these students live with learning disabilities such as dyslexia, while others may have behavior disorders or autism. Graduates of our program have the tools needed to provide students with the education they need to succeed.
The Master of Education in Special Education will give you the necessary background to plan effective instruction and better manage the learning environment for students who are exceptional. You will be ready to pass the State of Texas Special Education Certification Exam. Successful completion of the exam allows you to begin your career in special education and have a profound impact on students.
Benefits of the program include:
- Focused curriculum: All of our program’s courses offer in-depth instruction into key topics of importance to the field of special education.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, Concordia has provided students with valuable degrees rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
- Next Start Date: Rolling Enrollment
- Credit Hours: 30
- Course Length: 8 Weeks
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual pay for special education teachers is $55,060. The job has a projected 10 year growth of 6 percent, just below the national average.
- A completed online graduate admission application.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher, or 2.25-2.49 can submit an essay to be reviewed by faculty for admission
- No GRE required
- Official transcripts from the college or university where you earned your bachelor’s degree and/or attempted graduate coursework.
- A copy of your teaching certificate.
For more admissions information, please visit our admissions page or contact our admissions office today. Our supportive staff is here to help. Email us at email@example.com or call 844-CTX-CTX1 (844-289-2891) to learn more about the M.Ed. in Special Education, or, click here to begin your application.Request More Information
To earn an online M.Ed. in Special Education degree, students must complete the following courses.
MED 5303 Curriculum Design & Practice
MED 5305 Educational Research
MED 5308 Ethics and Leadership in Education
MED 5309 Differentiated Instruction & Learning Theory
SPED 5310 Critical Issues in Special Education
SPED 5312 Culturally Responsive Teaching in the Inclusive Classroom
SPED 5314 Special Education Law
SPED 5316 The Teaching-Learning Process in Special Education
SPED 5318 Collaboration in Special Education
SPED 5320 Practicum in Special Education