Become a leader in your educational community with the online Principal Certification program at Concordia University Texas. Our program gives educators the advanced leadership skills necessary to transition from teaching to education administration. The online learning environment is an ideal option for working teachers, who need convenience and flexibility while still receiving high-quality education.
A great principal can help make a difference at any level of education, impacting students, parents, teachers and other stakeholders in the educational community that surrounds their school. Principals do more than serve as a school’s operational manager — they also are responsible for the overall performance of each teacher and student. They work alongside parents and community members to improve the lives of students and their well-being both in and out of school. At Concordia, you will gain the effective tools you need to fill this rewarding role.
The Principal Certification program prepares students to be effective and dynamic principals, while also preparing them for the TExES Principal Certification exam upon completion. Courses focus both on the knowledge necessary to earn certification and to be an effective leader in today’s diverse world of education.
Benefits of the program include:
- Focused curriculum: All of our program’s courses offer in-depth instruction into key skills and knowledge needed to become an effective principal, including ethics in education, professional development and the assessment of students.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, we have provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. And you can earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
- Next Start Date: Rolling Enrollment
- Credit Hours: 24
- Course Length: 8 Weeks
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual median pay of Elementary, Middle, and High School Principals is $87,760. With this program you will be prepared for the TExES Principal Certification Exam, required to become a principal in Texas. Completion of the exam will open opportunities in both private and public schools across the state.
- A completed online graduate admission application.
- A conferred Master’s of Education degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale); if your GPA falls below that you will be asked to submit an essay to be reviewed.
- Official transcripts from the college or university where you earned your bachelor’s and master’s degree.
- A copy of your teaching certificate.
For more admissions information, please visit our admissions page or contact our admissions office today. Our supportive staff is here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 844-CTX-CTX1 (844-289-2891) to learn more about the Principal Certification, or, click here to begin your application.Request More Information
MED 5305 Classroom Teacher as Researcher
MED 5308 Ethics and Leadership in Education
CAI 5322 Legal Foundation of Education
CAI 5323 Evaluation and Assessment in Education
EDAD 5154 Practicum I
EDAD 5254 Practicum II
EDAD 5351 Principal as Diversity Leader
EDAD 5352 Principal as Resource Leader
EDAD 5353 Principal as Professional Development and Continuing Education Leader