Move into the upper echelons of education administration with the online Superintendent Certification program at Concordia University Texas. Our program gives leaders the foundational skills needed to manage not just schools, but rather entire districts. For working educators, our online classroom offers the flexibility and convenience needed, with all the collaboration and peer-to-peer interaction of a traditional learning environment.
Superintendents are charged with coordinating and directing all activities of an entire school district, including managing aspects of schools, teachers, students and even parents. A superintendent is often the most public-facing role in the school system, and serves an important public relations role. At Concordia, you will develop the necessary skills and tools that you need to succeed as a superintendent in today’s diverse education landscape.
The Superintendent Certification program not only prepares educators to be dynamic and effective leaders, but it also prepares them for the required TExES Superintendent Certification exam upon program completion. Our instructors, all of whom have industry experience, provide you with the knowledge needed to pass this test, including teaching relevant, practical skills for success in the field.
Benefits of the program include:
- Focused curriculum: All of our program’s courses offer in-depth instruction into key skills and knowledge needed to become an effective principal course topics include leadership, finance and conflict resolution as a superintendent.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, we have provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. And you can earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
- Next Start Date: Rolling Enrollment
- Credit Hours: 16
- Course Length: 8 Weeks
According to the Texas Education Agency, the average annual salary of the 1,241 Superintendents in the state is $129,288. With this program you will be prepared for the TExES Superintendent Certification Exam, required to become a superintendent in Texas.
- A completed online graduate admission application.
- A conferred Master’s of Education degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale); if your GPA falls below that you will be asked to submit an essay to be reviewed.
- A principal certification is required.
- Official transcripts from the college or university where you earned your bachelor’s and master’s degree.
- Two letters of recommendation from your last immediate supervisors and/or a professional colleague through our online application system.
- A copy of your teaching certificate.
For more admissions information, please visit our admissions page or contact our admissions office today. Our supportive staff is here to help. Email us at email@example.com or call 844-CTX-CTX1 (844-289-2891) to learn more about the Superintendent Certification, or, click here to begin your application.Request More Information
Issues in the Superintendency
Leadership and the Superintendency
Finance and the Superintendency
Conflict Resolution and the Superintendency