If you are ready for a career with long-term growth potential and a lucrative salary, computer science could be the answer. Get the credential you need with the online Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science degree from Concordia University Texas. Our program allows working professionals to gain the knowledge and skills they need for the career they want, while still balancing a busy schedule. The convenience and flexibility of online learning allows students to learn from professors with years of industry experience, at a time and place that works for them.
Computer science professionals will be needed in nearly every industry and sector from business to health care and beyond. By gaining the foundational skills needed to succeed, you will be prepared for long-lasting and rewarding employment. A degree in computer science can lead to several different career paths, including IT administrator, database administrator, technical support and technical project management.
The Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science program teaches students commonly used programming languages, so they are prepared with real-world skills that are immediately applicable. In addition, because the field is so dynamic, the computer science program also teaches students how to learn and adapt to new technology. Students are prepared not just for the careers of today, but also for the developments of tomorrow.
- Focused curriculum: All of our program’s courses offer in-depth instruction into key areas of study essential to career success. Course topics include computer systems, programming languages and software engineering.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, we have provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. And you can earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in all computer-based occupations will increase by 22 percent by 2022. This vastly outpaces the average for all industry, with some areas like software development reaching projections of 30 percent employment increases. Our workforce needs well-trained computer science professionals to enter these roles.
Possible career outcomes include:
- Computer Programmer - Median salary: $77,550
- Database Administrator - Median salary: $80,280
- Computer Systems Analyst - Median salary: $82,710
- Computer System Architect - Median salary: $83,410
- Software Developer - Median salary: $102,880
A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA on all college-level coursework, or a minimum 2.5 cumulative high school GPA if fewer than 12 transferable college credit hours, is required. Students who do not meet the requirements will be evaluated by the admissions committee and may still be eligible for provisional admission to the program.