Develop your leadership skills and open up management opportunities with Austin’s only online Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice & Criminology from Concordia University Texas. Our program provides you with a strong theoretical and practical foundation in criminology, and it all takes place in a convenient, accessible learning environment that connects you with your professor and peers.
The field of criminal justice spans several public service areas. Opportunities in law enforcement, corrections, security, the courts and more are rewarding options for giving back to your community. With the right knowledge and skills, you can pursue a future in protecting others and making a difference.
Pursue a faith-based approach to your education in the BA in Criminal Justice & Criminology program. You can earn your degree with the general track or in one of two special emphasis tracks: management of law enforcement or homeland security. To further customize your degree, choose a minor outside of your specialty track.
- Focused curriculum: The in-depth course of study includes coverage of criminology, law, ethics and more.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, we have provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. And you can earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
There are many career possibilities with a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and criminology. The lab, local and federal law enforcement, corrections, private and homeland security, the courts, crime scene investigation, probation — these are some of the roles you can pursue with your degree.
Possible career outcomes include:
- Parole Officer and Correctional Treatment Specialist - Median salary: $48,190
- Fish and Game Warden - Median salary: $53,260
- Police or Sheriff Patrol Officer - Median salary: $55,270
- Security Manager - Median salary: $59,682
- FBI Special Agent - Median salary: $63,021
- Prison Warden - Median salary: $75,111
A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA on all college-level coursework, or a minimum 2.5 cumulative high school GPA if fewer than 12 transferable college credit hours, is required. Students who do not meet the requirements will be evaluated by the admissions committee and may still be eligible for provisional admission to the program.Get Started >