Develop the writing, public speaking and technological skills you need for a successful career in public relations. The online Bachelor of Arts in Communication (BA) with Public Relations & Advertising concentration from Concordia University Texas provides you with a strong foundation in public relations, and it all takes place in a convenient and accessible learning environment.
Shaping public perception is critical in all business environments, regardless of industry. And with digital innovations changing the way we communicate, it’s more important than ever that professionals understand not just how to use new technology, but how to thrive with it. Future public relations leaders must have a firm grasp of social media and modern public relations principles.
The online communications degree with Public Relations & Advertising concentration focuses on the technology and the communication skills needed to drive messaging, build stories and support brands. This program prepares you for a successful career in the growing public relations industry.
- Focused curriculum: The in-depth course of study includes coverage of persuasive communication, public relations, organizational communication, digital journalism and new media communication, integrated marketing communication and more.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, we have provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. And you can earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
Public relations professionals work in several different industries, including for-profit companies, agencies, nonprofit organizations and government agencies.
Possible career outcomes include:
- Advertising Sales Agent - Median salary: $47,890
- Market Research Analyst - Median salary: $61,290
- Public Relations Manager - Median salary: $101,510
- Public Relations Specialist - Median salary: $55,680
- Writer - Median salary: $58,850
A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA on all college-level coursework, or a minimum 2.5 cumulative high school GPA if fewer than 12 transferable college credit hours, is required.Get started >