As the student population continues to diversify, it is critical that teachers understand how to provide all students with the building blocks of literacy. Gain the knowledge you need with the online Master of Education (MEd) in Advanced Literacy Instruction degree from Concordia University Texas. Our program focuses on how to reach struggling students and help them acquire basic literacy skills. The online learning environment is an ideal alternative for working teachers who need convenience and flexibility while still receiving a high-quality education.
The online Masters in Advanced Literacy Instruction prepares students to be leaders in classrooms at all levels. Graduates learn how to be advisors and advocates for literacy education, including language acquisition, literacy and literature, and instructional design. Our program also prepares students for the TExES Reading Specialist exam that measures competency of literary specialists. The degree qualifies you to enter specialized leadership roles in your educational community, making better benefits and salary opportunities available.
- Focused curriculum: All of our program’s courses offer in-depth instruction into key areas of study essential to success in literacy education including language acquisition, differentiated instruction and remediation.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, Concordia has provided students with valuable degrees rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, career opportunities for instructional coordinators who specialize in literacy education have a bright outlook. The field has a projected employment increase of 11 percent by 2026, four percent higher than the national average. Instructional coordinators earn a median annual pay of $64,450 according to the BLS.
- A completed online graduate admission application
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75; students must submit GRE scores if GPA of 2.75-2.99 (cumulative OR last 60 hours); students automatically admitted without GRE scores if GPA of 3.0 or higher (cumulative OR last 60 hours)
- Official transcripts from the college or university where you earned your bachelor’s degree and any attempted graduate coursework
- A copy of your teaching certificate
- GRE Scores must reflect what is approved by TEA for admission; Verbal: 143-157; Quantitative: 140-155; Writing: 3-4.5
For more admissions information, please visit our admissions page or contact our admissions office today. Our supportive staff is here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-313-4CTX to learn more about the MEd in Advanced Literacy Instruction, or click here to begin your application.
*GRE Scores must reflect what is approved by TEA for admission: Verbal: 143-157; Quantitative: 140-155; Writing: 3-4.5Get started >