Expand your leadership abilities beyond the classroom with the online Master of Education in Educational Administration degree from Concordia University Texas. Our program offers teachers the advanced leadership skills needed to move beyond the traditional teaching roles and into administrative careers. The online learning environment is an ideal alternative for working teachers, who need convenience and flexibility while still receiving a high-quality education.
Educational administrators are needed at all levels of education; they are critical overseers of the educational process and community that surrounds schools and school districts. Administrators manage not only the educational process, but also the overall performance of each teacher and student. Many educational administrators also work alongside parents to assist in student issues. At Concordia, you will gain the real-world skills you need to effectively fill these roles and more.
The Master of Education in Educational Administration prepares students for high-level administrative careers, including taking the TExES Principal Certification exam. All aspects of administration are explored, including evaluation and assessment, differentiated instruction, leadership and more.
- Focused curriculum: All of our program’s courses offer in-depth instruction into key skills and knowledge needed to become a leader in your educational community. Topics include curriculum design, ethics and leadership in education as well as professional development.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, Concordia has provided students with valuable degrees rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, career opportunities for educational administrators have a bright outlook. The field has a projected employment increase of 23 percent by 2018, much higher than the national average. Instructional coordinators earn a median annual pay of $60,050 according to the BLS.
Possible career outcomes include:
- Instructional Coordinator - Median salary: $60,050
- Postsecondary Education Administrator - Median salary: $86,490
- School Principal - Median salary. $87,760
- A completed online graduate admission application.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale). GPA of 2.75-2.99 (Cumulative OR last 60 hours), students must submit GRE scores.* GPA of 3.0 or higher (Cumulative OR last 60 hours), students is admitted without the GRE.
- Official transcripts from the college or university where you earned your bachelor’s degree and/or attempted graduate coursework.
- A copy of your teaching certificate.
For more admissions information, please visit our admissions page or contact our admissions office today. Our supportive staff is here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-313-4CTX to learn more about the MEd in Education Administration, or, click here to begin your application.