Discover how you can address the needs of students who are exceptional through the online Master of Education in Special Education from Concordia University Texas. Our program is an ideal option for working teachers interested in beginning a new chapter in their career while balancing work and family responsibilities. With the convenience and accessibility of Concordia’s online classroom, students and professors collaborate in a vigorous learning environment that draws on real-life examples while developing critical skills.
The Department of Education estimates about 13 percent of all public school students receive some form of special education services. Some of these students live with learning disabilities such as dyslexia, while others may have behavior disorders or autism. Graduates of our program have the tools needed to provide students with the education they need to succeed.
The Master of Education in Special Education will give you the necessary background to plan effective instruction and better manage the learning environment for students who are exceptional. You will be ready to pass the State of Texas Special Education Certification Exam. Successful completion of the exam allows you to begin your career in special education and have a profound impact on students.
Benefits of the program include:
- Focused curriculum: All of our program’s courses offer in-depth instruction into key topics of importance to the field of special education.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, Concordia has provided students with valuable degrees rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual pay for special education teachers is $55,060. The job has a projected 10 year growth of 6 percent, just below the national average.
- A completed online graduate admission application.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher, or 2.25-2.49 can submit an essay to be reviewed by faculty for admission
- No GRE required
- Official transcripts from the college or university where you earned your bachelor’s degree and/or attempted graduate coursework.
- A copy of your teaching certificate.
For more admissions information, please visit our admissions page or contact our admissions office today. Our supportive staff is here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 844-CTX-CTX1 (844-289-2891) to learn more about the MEd in Special Education, or, click here to begin your application.Get started >