Open new doors in the nursing profession with the online RN to BSN degree program at Concordia University Texas. This program was designed to meet the professional development needs of registered nurses previously prepared at the ADN or diploma level. Comprised of 24 credit hours of nursing courses, the nursing credits alone may be completed in as little as four semesters with additional semesters required for ADN or diploma-prepared nurses to complete liberal arts core courses.
Our unique Concordia Distinctive includes programming intended to enhance each nurse’s leadership, knowledge and skill in a Christian environment. This online degree is designed as a transformational learning experience leading to personal and professional knowledge, and skill development. Registered nurses previously prepared at the ADN or diploma level, have the opportunity to complete baccalaureate level nursing courses.
Additionally, the BSN degree is delivered entirely online and is possible to complete from anywhere in the world. Face-to-face options are built into the program for those students desiring more engagement, and to enhance peer collaboration. Aspects of the practicum work include but are not limited to participation in mission work, a community service assignment, and implementing a change project in the student’s work environment.
- Focused curriculum: The in-depth courses of study includes core principles of pathophysiology, pharmacology, nursing research, and health informatics.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, we have provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. Fulfill your practicum hours at your own place of employment, and earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
- Faith-based Nursing: Our mission is to develop Christian nursing leaders.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing and the master’s degree in nursing at Concordia University Texas are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Professional nurses who graduate from online RN to BSN programs can increase their earnings and build their careers in various areas of nursing and other related fields.
Possible career outcomes include:
- Nurse Manager
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Case Manager
- Performance Improvement Manager
- Nursing Director
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for all previous coursework leading to the associate degree in nursing or diploma in nursing.
- An associate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution of higher education that is accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency or a diploma in nursing from a national nursing accreditation agency.
- A current unencumbered license as a registered nurse from a state in which the student resides or a state that is part of the Nurse Licensure Compact. Applicants should not be on probation and must report any past or current disciplinary action taken by a licensing board.
- Three letters of recommendation: one from the last immediate supervisor (nursing supervisor, if employed in nursing); one from previous nursing faculty member (if possible); and one from a professional colleague. If a letter from a nursing faculty member is difficult to obtain, two letters from professional colleagues will be accepted
- Interview will be requested if GPA is below 2.5
- Applicants who fall below these standards may submit a petition and will be admitted only if they are determined eligible by the faculty.
- All admission are conditional until all items on the nursing requirement checklist are completed. This checklist includes current CPR certification, proof of insurance, proof of immunizations and other items specific to nursing.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 in order to stay in good standing as a graduate student.
- If GPA is less than 3.0 for any term, Academic Probation occurs for the next term. If at the end of that term (or the next 6 credit hours), the student fails to earn a 3.0 GPA, the student is ineligible to continue to study at Concordia. After a student has been placed on probation, any subsequent cumulative GPA of less than a 3.0 will result in dismissal.
BSN Conferral Requirements:
- Must complete all BSN curricular activities
- Must attain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all graduate work completed at Concordia University Texas used towarn BSN requirements
- Must fulfill all Concordia University Texas graduation requirements, such as:
- A minimum of 30 credit hours taken at Concordia are required to fulfilly residency requirements.
- A minimum of 24 credit hours must be at the 3000, 4000, or 5000 level.
- The total number of undergraduate hours must be equal to or greater than 120.
For more admissions information, please visit our admissions page or contact our admissions office today. Our supportive staff is here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-313-4CTX to learn more about the RN to BSN, or, click here to begin your application.
Get started >