Gain the expertise you need for leadership roles in the same amount of time it would take to earn a bachelor’s degree with the accelerated online RN to MSN degree from Concordia University Texas. Our online program is focused on preparing you for leadership positions in various areas of the nursing field, all in a flexible and convenient format designed for working nurses.
As healthcare needs increases and the population continues to age, the demand for advanced and specialized nurses is growing. With the development of specialized skills, nurses can provide better care to patients or grow into management roles with more opportunities and responsibilities.
The RN to MSN program at Concordia offers three concentrations: leadership, education and informatics. Each track features a specialized curriculum designed to teach relevant, practical skills that will help you advance your career in your area of interest. Courses are taught by nursing professionals, and emphasis is placed on real-world scenarios and collaboration with peers.
- Focused curriculum: The in-depth courses of study includes core principles of pathophysiology, pharmacology, nursing research, health informatics, leadership, nursing assessment, healthcare project management and nursing education.
- A trusted education: Since 1926, we have provided students with a valuable degree that is rooted in the liberal arts.
- Convenience: Our online program allows you to balance your degree program with your work schedule and personal commitments. Fulfill your practicum hours at your own place of employment, and earn your degree at a pace that works for you.
- Year-round support: Our online help desk is available 24/7/365.
- Faith-based Nursing: Our mission is to develop Christian nursing leaders.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing and the master’s degree in nursing at Concordia University Texas are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Professional nurses who graduate from online MSN programs can increase their earnings and build their careers in various areas of nursing and other related fields.
Possible career outcomes include:
- Governing Board Members
- Nurse Manager
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Case Manager
- Performance Improvement Manager
- Nursing Director
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Nurse Administrator
- Nurse Informaticist
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for all previous coursework leading to the associate degree in nursing or diploma in nursing.
- An associate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution of higher education that is accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency or a diploma in nursing from a national nursing accreditation agency.
- A current unencumbered license as a registered nurse from a state in which the student resides or a state that is part of the Nurse Licensure Compact. Applicants should not be on probation and must report any past or current disciplinary action taken by a licensing board.
- Three letters of recommendation: one from the last immediate supervisor (nursing supervisor, if employed in nursing); one from previous nursing faculty member (if possible); and one from a professional colleague.
- Interview may be required.
- Applicants who fall below these standards may submit a petition and will be admitted only if they are determined eligible by the faculty.
- All admission are conditional until all items on the nursing requirement checklist are completed. This checklist includes current CPR certification, proof of insurance, proof of immunizations and other items specific to nursing.
For more admissions information, please visit our admissions page or contact our admissions office today. Our supportive staff is here to help. Email us at email@example.com or call 512-313-4CTX to learn more about the RN to MSN, or, click here to begin your application.Get started >